Styled like the iconic big blades featured in Western TV shows and movies, Cold Steel's Wild West Bowie is a noteworthy American classic.
The blade is made from 1090 high carbon steel. It is a long, wide blade with weight forward balance, saber-ground and fortified with a false edge to assure maximum cutting, chopping, and piercing power.
The handle has a classic profile, featuring rosewood scales attached to the full tang with brass screws. It has the characteristic S-patterned brass hand guard to protect your fingers and enhance its defensive potential.
The Wild West Bowie is kitted with a traditional black leather sheath that features a brass swivel belt loop and leather leg strap.
1090 High Carbon Steel
1090 high carbon steel is an excellent choice for larger fixed blades. It takes and holds a good edge while remaining tough enough to withstand even Cold Steel's brutal stress tests. It is a good all-around performance high carbon steel that is very forgiving under shock.
- Blade material: 1090 high carbon steel
- Overall length: approx. 40.6 cm
- Blade length: approx. 27.3 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4.75 mm
- Handle: approx. 13.3 cm long, rosewood
- Weight: approx. 655 g
- Incl. leather sheath with brass belt loop and leather belt strap
- Cold Steel Product No.: 81B